Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The force is strong with this one...

First off, I think the person that invented goody bags at children's birthday parties should be shot.  Well, ok, maybe not shot, per se...  Perhaps just kicked squarely in the nads.  Because, we all know it wasn't a woman!  ;)  The way I see it, I pay enough for the darn party, right?  Let's add on as many additional expenses as we can, please!!!  ;)  ANYhow, that said, after giving and receiving goody bags full of toys that get thrown out as soon as the kids aren't looking, I decided to spend a little extra, and hand stencil t-shirts for all of the attendees at Boy's birthday party this month.  Of course, given the fanatical obsession with all things Star Wars at my house, I obviously chose to stencil the Star Wars logo onto the shirts.  :D  Now, given how insanely busy the last week of school was, and the fact that Boy's birthday is right about that same time, in retrospect, I'm absolutely nuts. (You all probably realized that by now, though, yes?   Shock and awe! ;)  )  However, that said, I'd spent the money, and already washed the shirts, so I was bound to the plan.  No turning back!  Man up!  Rub some dirt in it!  Keep on truckin'!  (Get the point?  Good.)

So, I bought me some blank stencils, traced and cut out my logo from the stencil.  Grabbed me some metallic spray-on fabric paint (gold for the boys, silver for the two girls), and after lots of paper towels, several garbage bags, and  10 thickly painted finger tips, this was born:

Yes, it's a terrible picture, and for that, I apologize.  I made 13 of them and they were a HUGE hit!  :D  I was so excited to see the kids all want to wear them out of the party venue!  :D  (Pleeeeaaase don't notice the mess under the stairs.  It's the kids' hideout... Well, it will be once I get curtains for it!  ;) )

All in all, a smashing success!  Yay me!  ;)

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment